To complete the online Lansing Promise Application you must:
1. Read the Lansing Promise scholarship requirements.
2. Meet all of the following criteria:
- Live within the Lansing School District boundaries.
- Attend 9th -12th grades at a high school within the Lansing School District boundaries.
- Graduate from a high school within the Lansing School District boundaries.
- Be accepted to Michigan State University, Lansing Community College, or Olivet College and complete the FAFSA.
- Apply to the Promise by the June 1st or November 1st deadlines within one year of graduation. If you miss the June 1st or November 1st deadlines, you can still apply to the Promise, however your application will be processed after the next application deadline. You will not be eligible for funds during that time until your application is processed.
3. Have graduated from, or intend to graduate from Lansing Eastern, Lansing Everett, Lansing Sexton, Lansing Catholic High, Michigan Virtual High School, or Home School and have at minimum four or more consecutive years in the Lansing School District leading up to graduation (9-12th grade) or have a GED with eight consecutive years in Lansing School District and be under the age of 20. You have one year from the time of graduation to apply for the Promise.
4. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
5. Be accepted to Lansing Community College (LCC), Michigan State University (MSU), or Olivet College.
6. Have your LCC, MSU, or Olivet student ID number available. If you have not received your College Student ID number yet, please do not apply for the Promise Scholarship until you have. A valid college student ID must be provided.
7. Accept the Tuition Incentive Program (T.I.P.) Scholarship if eligible.
If you have any specific questions about the Lansing Promise or eligibility please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you have already applied to the Promise and been accepted, you do NOT have to apply again each semester. Once accepted, your Promise Scholarship is good until the maximum amount of funds have been applied or you discontinue your studies.